Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge #25

Hello everyone!  I hope you are not on PKS overload - LOL - because today I have another challenge entry.  It's the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge #25 : Chalk It Up - Just Cards.  The guidelines for this challenge:  Create a card using CHALK!  Design must be new and must include Peachy Keen Stamps to win.

Here is  my entry:


Ok, so you know I love my rainbows!  And when the challenge is to use chalks - I just couldn't help but make it all about rainbows!  :)   All of the black and white papers are from Recollections.  The rainbow background was created using chalks and q-tips.  The chalks I used for this project are from The Stencil Collection.  They are the best pastel chalks because they are non-smear!!!


These pretty little flowers are from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Pocket Posies stamp set.  I also colored these in using the same chalks.  The great thing about these chalks is that you can totally color outside the lines (how fun is that???) and then just erase the excess with an eraser!  Cool huh???  The "Happy Birthday" sentiment is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ April 2012 : Kit of the Month.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival ink.  And I used some pops dots behind the flowers for dimension.


And my super beautiful and perfectly matching bow is made with Celebrate It ~ 360 ribbon.


That's it for today...simple and colorful.  Love it!   :) 

Make sure you head on over to the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge Blog to see the rest of the entries.  I will see you all here tomorrow.  I have a fun little project to share with you while I'm filling in for Emma over at My Creative Time. Have a great day everyone!

15 comments :

Georgiana said...

Fabulous chalk work! The colors blend so nicely together. Loving the rainbow ribbon too.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

This is so pretty!! I will have to look into buying some of that chalk it looks so pretty!!
Kristan

L.B. said...

very very pretty, that ribbon is so great and right up your ally!!

Cindy said...

GREAT job with your PK card!looks sooo BEAUTIFUL with the ribbon and the pretty colors,AWESOME job Cassandra!!!:)

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ BEAUTIFUL! This card is so YOU! LOVE how you did your background paper! The ribbon is so PERFECT for the card as well! I LOVE how you matted the flowers! FABULOUS job on the challenge! I am with you with the PKS ~ never enough ~ so no overload here!

snappy scrappy said...

Great background...so pretty!! Lee-Ann :)

Kate said...

Beautiful. Love it.

Hugs,
Kate
Scrappers Creative Corner

Jeanne said...

I love you chalked rainbow background!! Great job once again Cassandra!!

Crafty Moni said...

Cuite card, loving the rainbow background:)

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L.

aka Frank-LEE Speaking (SITM) said...

So pretty and colorful. I love your take on rainbows in your projects. Smooches... Felicia

Melissa said...

Love the soft rainbow of chalk. Well cone! Thanks for sharing your project at Peachy Keen's Challenge blog.

Lorie said...

Gorgeous card, Cassandra! Love the way you worked the rainbow theme into your creation. Great job and thanks for playing along with us at PKS!

Hugs,
Lorie

LindaV said...

Winner winner chicken dinner! Whoot whoot.

Scrappin with the bug said...

So pretty - love the card and the cute little flowers. AWesome job and congrats on top peach.

Jennie Garcia said...

I LOVE this card!! It makes me think about rainbow cake!! So pretty!!
Congrats on getting Top Peach!!
Thanks For Playing with us @ PKS!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...