Thursday, April 26, 2012

Throwback Thursday Challenge

Hello everyone!  It's time for another Throwback Thursday Challenge with My Creative Time.  For this challenge we are to: use our Cricuts and any cartridge that has a "frame" on it.  There are so many cartridges with frames on them, but I chose one of my favorites: Elegant Edges.


I made this card for a super sweet friend of mine . . . she's gonna love it!  ;)   The black cardstock for the card base is from Recollections.  The pretty top layer is from the SEI ~ Mimosa paper collection.  The white cardstock is actually a special paper that I was told was really good for Copic Markers.  It's called X-Press It Blending Card and I purchased it from Peachy Keen Stamps.


The beautiful tulip flowers are from the brand new My Creative Time ~ All Around Everything Accessories stamp set.  And the sweet sentiment is from the other brand new My Creative Time ~ Floral Sentiments stamp set. The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  I used Copic ~ Sketch Markers to color in the flowers.  If you look closely, you can probably see one little boo boo . . . one of my markers squirted out a little green dot when I took off the lid.  :(   But in an effort to work on my OCD, I decided not to start it all over.  Besides, Emma is always saying "There are no mistakes in paper crafting!"  (still working on believing that one...lol)


I decided to try something a little different today.  I have seen Emma make these little swivel cards, so I thought I would give it a shot.  To attach the two pieces, I used a little Making Memories ~ brad at the top.


Well, that's it for me today.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  And if you have never entered this challenge . . . give it a shot.  You will have until Wednesday, May 9th to link up your project.  Good luck!  And HAVE FUN!!!

See you all again soon...


9 comments :

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

This is very pretty! I love that it is a shaped card and used a brad to attach it!!
Kristan

Cindy said...

GORGEOUS job with your pretty card Cassandra!Great shape and LOVE all the sweet little flowers, BEAUTIFUL!!:)

Glora said...

This is BEAUTIFUL. I love Tulips and the colors are just perfect! I also love the swival card. I have got to try one of those too! Hugs- Glora

LindaV said...

Oooooooooooooooooh you know I love this card. I think it may look great on my mantle! :P

I can't wait to get my set this Friday! Whoo Hoo.

Trell Doxie said...

Super cute Ms. Cassandra!!

quilt4fun2 said...

I had to look hard to find the green dot...so at least it was not a big one! Your card turned out so pretty...a rainbow of flowers!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Lisa said...

Cassandra, your card is adorable. I know what you mean about OCD but it's nice to see that you let it go. You are one talented lady and all your projects are perfection ;)

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ what a CUTE card! Love how you did all your tulips! The sentiment goes PERFECTLY with it! LOVE how you attached the card too! As always just LOVE it!

Kate said...

Beautiful Card.

Hugs,
Kate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...