Thursday, February 23, 2012

My Creative Time ~ "Favorite Stamp of the Month"

Hello everyone!  It's time for another My Creative Time ~ "Favorite Stamp of the Month" project.  This time Emma is doing things a little differently: the focus is any stamp set from the 1st Edition, 2nd Edition or 3rd Edition release.  Wow! That's a lot to choose from!  Emma is going to pick one set from each release and offer them at a special sale price for a limited time only - so make sure you head on over to the brand new My Creative Time Store to check them out!

For my project, I chose the Color Me Happy stamp set from the very first release.


Now, I hope you are not saying "what the heck are those?"  LOL My wonderful friend Linda (aka ~ The Tulip Collector) gave me this great idea to use the egg die in the newly released My Creative Time ~ Hello Spring stamp set to make tulip flowers. They didn't turn out exactly how I envisioned, but when I showed my husband he said he could see right away that they were tulips.  All I can see are 'eggs on a stick' LOL  Either way, I think the card turned out cute.

The solid color papers for the tulips are from Recollections.  I used the small egg die (the one with the Emma's signature stitching outline) for the flowers.  I cut the outer petals in a darker shade of each color and the inside petal in a softer shade.  I added an outline to the outer petals by filling in the stitching lines with a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen.  I used various sizes of pop dots underneath the flowers for extra dimension ~ I just always like that look a little better than adhering images straight to the card.  


The stems are just a thin strip of patterned cardstock from Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints.  I added a little bit of Celebrate It ~ Occasions tulle to each stem to simulate leaves.  Then, at the bottom of the card I added Celebrate It ~ Easter ribbon that I gathered/folded and adhered with a glue gun.  It's takes a little while, but I just love the look.


At the top of the card, I used the "Happy Easter" sentiment from the My Creative Time ~ Color Me Happy stamp set.  I stamped it multiple times across the top with black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  In the upper right & left corners, I also added some little Recollections ~ pearls in the same colors as the flowers.  And I used a corner rounder for the corners at the top of the card - just to give it a little different look.


Well there you have it ~ 'eggs on a stick' LOL or beautiful tulip flowers . . . either way - I hope it makes you smile.   :)

Here are some past projects with these stamp sets:


The sentiment on this card is from the MCT ~ Color Me Happy stamp set.  For the original post - click here.


The sentiment on this card is from the I Believe in Leprechauns stamp set.  For the original post - click here.


The little "love you" sentiment on this card is from the MCT ~ Mom You Rock stamp set.  For the original post - click here.


The fun sentiments on this card are from the Wow! So Many Candles stamp set.  To see the original post - click here.


So, that's my trip down memory lane with the older stamp sets. Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created for today.  And Emma is once again going to have a "Linky Party".  So if you have any of the stamp sets released in either the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Editions ~ link up a project that you have made with them.  We would love to see your creations!  :)

Have a great day my friends!  I will see you again soon.

~ Cassandra

20 comments :

Cindy said...

I love all of your creations,but the tulip card is just amazing!! Great idea from your friend.I would not have thought of this!! Love your eggs on sticks!! lol No,really...this is awesome!! :)
Hugs,
Cindy

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Wow love how you used those egg dies, very clever!! Great cards
Kristan

Crafting Katie said...

I immediately knew those were tulips and was so impressed with your cleverness! I LOVE this card, and all of your others too!

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ WOW! ALl of your cards are AMAZING! I saw the tulips right away! I LOVE that idea ~ very CLEVER! You have been one busy lady! LOVE THEM ALL!

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Hi Cassandra Girl You is so wrong. When I first saw your card my 1st thought was wow I love how she used the dies to make tulips. I can’t wait to get my set in the mail so I can make my very own tulips. I have been having mail problems because I moved so I hope to get them soon. Love your card!

Kate said...

Your cards are gorgeous and I remember seeing some of them for the first time and they still blow my mind the 2nd time around. Wonderful Job like always my friend.

Hugs,
Kate

LindaV said...

Ha Ha Ha! You go my friend. They look the way I envisioned!!! But of course I have tulips on the brain. I need to order this die and stamp set now. You did a great job.

{{{HUGS}}}
Linda
TheTulipCollector

TheTulipCollector.Blogspot.com

joni said...

Way cute!!!! I love that you made tulips from eggs!!! So pretty...and I love all the other cards too...I remember most of them and still love them!!! What great releases!!! TFS
hugs,
joni

Glora said...

You crack me up - EGGS on a stick. Well I saw the tulips right away and wondered what cartridge this pretty tulip was from and then I REALIZED that you had used the egg die to make them. I think they turned out PERFECT. Great idea of your friend and great execution by you. I think it is beautiful. Also I LOVE all the other cards you shared too. They are beautiful!!! Hugs- Glora

liz at liz's paper loft said...

holy cow! you did an awesome job with all your cards! all are just so FUN!!!

scrapdiva said...

love your creations, great job

tracym110 said...

lol!! You are just so cute!! Eggs on a stick!! I immediately thought they were tulips (my favorite flower BTW!) you are always so creative and inspiring with those dies! Beautiful job!
Tracy

quilt4fun2 said...

Wow...so many ideas :D Love all of these cards and the tulips I knew right away were tulips and not eggs on a stick...they look great.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Shar said...

Oh my goodness. These are all fab, but heck, using the eggs for tulips! Genius! :)

Tammy said...

A nice trip down memory lane I enjoyed all your creations.

Micia said...

I love all your card! too cute! I totally thought they were tulips :) those are my fav flower! you are creative one my friends Great job!

Micia

Cindy said...

BEAUTIFUL job with all your AMAZING cards!I LOVE them all!:)

Chris - Creations in Bloom said...

I saw right away that they were tulips. Super cute and creative way to use the egg. Sweet card.

Nancy said...

How cleaver Cassandra!! Love how you used the die as flowers!! Beautiful as always! Hugs

Nancy

by Frank-LEE Speaking... said...

These are FAB Cassandra. You come up with the most creative ideas. Question: Why don't you have an ETSY Shop. Girl you talent is Bah-nanas! Still waiting on some videos. YOU CAN DO IT! Smooches... Felicia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...