Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My Creative Time ~ "3-D Wednesday"

Hello everyone!  It's time for another "3-D Wednesday" with My Creative Time.  The goal is to challenge yourself by making anything besides a card or a layout.

Today I have something a little different . . . well - it's a bouquet which is not that different for me lately - lol, but it's a memorial piece:


Many of you may remember that just about a year ago, my best friend's father died.  Well, this weekend is the 1yr anniversary, so I made this to give to her mother when we meet for dinner on Saturday.  It can be hard to come up with creative ideas when we are memorializing our loved ones or when we are documenting the hard times so that's why I decided to share it with you.  If you want to see one of my most favorite projects I have ever made ~ click HERE to see the original piece I gave her after his funeral.


The paper for this calendar is from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Chateau Lavender stack.  I cut it out with the My Creative Time ~ XL Label Die.  The pretty border and calendar are from the My Creative Time ~ Whimsical Calendar Days stamp set. The ink is Memento ~ Rich Cocoa.


At the front of this picture, you can see that I used the My Creative Time ~ Scallop & Stitched Circle Dies.  The scallop shape is a pretty sparkly/glittery paper from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Chateau Lavender stack.  For the picture, I just printed that out with my printer and lined up the Stitched Circle Die to cut it out...took me a few times to get it just right, but I think it turned out great.  I inked the edges of the circle with Color Box ~ Chestnut Roan ink.  

The beautiful cross is cut from the Easter ~ Cricut cartridge. The paper for both is from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Chateau Lavender stack.  The background piece is sparkly/glittery and the the top piece is shimmery.  It's hard to see in this picture, but it's super pretty in real life.

***Tip ~ for the printing, I used my computer.  Here's what you do: print out what you want on a regular piece of computer paper.  It may take you awhile to get the look you want with font, spacing, etc - but once you have it the way you like it - then, take your image (in this case the cross) and add removable adhesive to the back of it...make sure it sticks good. Then place your image onto the piece of computer paper right over where the printing is.  Then run it through your computer again...and voila!  You have to make sure you stick it down good though.  The first time I did this one, my cross came off and jammed in my printer :(  took me awhile to dig it out.  LOL


This beautiful and perfect sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Many Greetings stamp set.  I stamped it with black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  The beautiful shape is cut with the My Creative Time ~ Curly Label Die.  The outline is from the My Creative Time ~ Inspiring Words Accents stamp set. The ink is Memento ~ Rich Cocoa.  


I didn't get a very good picture of it, but inside the little flower pot I put some brown and cream colored crinkled paper filler. Not sure who makes it, but they sell it in bags at Michaels and they have all different colors too.


The little flower pot is also from Michaels.  I've used it before in another project I made for a PKS challenge entry.  I get them when they are on sale and then I pull out the ugly plant that's inside...lol. It's a really pretty pot that usually has like a grass type plant in it.  It's easy to pull out piece by piece, but it makes a mess.  And the pretty bow is made with Celebrate It ~ 360 ribbon.  It has the neatest texture - almost like the crate paper we used to use to decorate for birthday parties in the old days. 

Well, that's it for today.  I know it's a little different, but hopefully it gives you some inspiration on how to be creative during the tougher times in life.  Have a great my friends.  I will see you again soon.  And make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  :)  Have a great day!

13 comments :

Terrance Doxie said...

Oh, Cassandra this is just wonderful. What a thoughtful idea.

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ this is not only BEAUTIFUL but so touching! Thanks for ALL the instructions. Your friend will cherish not only this but her fond memories with her Dad!

Crafting Katie said...

Cassandra, this is so beautiful and thoughtful!

Jeanne said...

What a beautiful idea for your friend's mother. I know she will treasure such a thoughtful gift. Sending hugs to you and your friends this weekend. Great project!

Glora said...

What a sweet memorial. I know that she will be touched by your thoughtfulness. It really turned out BEAUTIFUL! Hugs- Glora

Creative Cutter Room said...

What a wonderful tribute. So special thanks so much for sharing it! Cathie
CreativeCutterRoom.com

Amy C said...

What a wonderful memorial for your friend. I am sure she will treasure it always!!

Crafty Moni said...

What a pretty and thoughtful gift.

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hug's!
Monica L.

Brenda said...

This is so gorgeous and so kind of you to do for your BFF's mother!! I so loved the frame you did of their engagement pic too!! What a wonderful tribute you have done for them!!

quilt4fun2 said...

A good way to Hold Tight to Memories like the stamp says. Great job.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

scrapdiva said...

very nice and thoughtful project

Kate said...

Beautiful and very thoughtful of you. Your original project that you gave her was Gorgeous.

Hugs,
Kate

Linsey said...

What a wonderfully thoughtful and heartfelt gift you've created Cassanda. So beautiful and truly something to be cherished. You are a good friend indeed :) tfs big hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...